Friday, April 5, 2013

Amazing Women In My Life



God is so good...all the time He is good. I am not sure if it is because it is getting closer to me becoming a mother or because I have gotten to see so many of these amazing women lately that I think back on how God has placed so many special women in my life!

I have always known I have had amazing women in my life and been blessed by each of them. I was very blessed to know 2 of my 4 great grandmothers very well...what very special women they were and the stories and memories I have from them are priceless: from story time next to their chairs to G-G trying to teach us girls to crochet (we failed by the way) will always hold a special memory in my heart.

I have also had the opportunity to live close to both of my grandmothers at different points in my life! I have learned so many different things from these ladies and I will cherish them forever. I get told often I am like my short, sassy grandmother (Me-Me) which is quite ok with me. Maybe that is because we tell each other how things really are or because we are both quite stubborn and opinionated :) Love and lessons learned from these women are forever a part of me.

Then we have my MOM!! God sure knew what he was doing when he gave us three girls our momma!! She has been an amazing example of a Christian women and wife to my Dad. She always had the perfect combination of discipline and friendship growing up and I can only pray I will be like her as a mother!! I love the fact that we talk daily and I know no matter what decisions I make in life she will be my biggest fan and supporter!! So excited that Baby G gets to have her as his KayKay!!

Sisters...oh where would I be without my sisters!! God gave me two of the best friends in the whole wide world...no joke!! Growing up we had a two bedroom house...so all three of us girls shared a little room...bunk beds and a trundle were the spot of many many great talks!! Many people don't understand how we get along so well and don't argue and fight like most siblings (not even in HS) and I truly think it is because we had those countless hours together in our room...and we knew if we did fight that dad would bust out his belt..lol..so much easier to get along!! Because of this I have two best friends that I talk to on a daily basis..I now have two moms to look to for guidance and questions! I also look to them on how to just relax and go with life's punches...as you can imagine I am the particular and opinionated one (thanks Me-Me)!! To be honest...they truly inspire me!

I know you are thinking now that is alot of fabulous women he has placed in your life...but he didn't stop there!! Throughout high school and into college God has led so many women into my life and fortunately they have stuck and I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for!! I am so glad he decided to place these women in my life for a lifetime!! As our seasons in life change and grow...our friendships just grow stronger. We have had so many fun times through college from trips to Midnight Rodeo to bible studies and I love each of them dearly!! Can't wait to make many more memories!!

He has also given  me so many amazing cousins, aunts, a wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-laws, teachers and mentors that I could go on and on!! Each are so special to me!!

These ladies inspire me and so glad I could share a little of them with you!
Love,
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post about such wonderful women! So thankful for you! Love you so so much, little mama!

    ReplyDelete